Sunday, October 18, 2015

Through week 32: relaxin, stretch marks,and no sleep








Whew! The moment I hit 31 weeks I got the wonderful rush from that chemical called "relaxin". And by wonderful, I mean horrible. Achy body, burning aching back, etc... If I was getting sleep before (which I wasn't), I wouldn't be now (which I'm not). 

I absolutely HAVE to add in a stretching routine every morning and night now. THIS IS NOT AN OPTION. There is NO way I'm going to be happy these last two months without it, and I already feel like an annoying wife constantly complaining about my body aches. My favorite nighttime routine is still Yoga Booty Ballet: Baby on the way (go here to get it). This may seem silly,  but it is a great routine. No sweating, a little bit of cardio, it's perfect to add in. I feel like a million dollars afterwards! Doing yoga during pregnancy can be dangerous, especially if you haven't done it on a daily routine prior to pregnancy (which I didn't). Overstretching at this point is all too possible and your body is not ready for that with all the relaxin flowing through your muscles and joints.

My second key to third trimester pregnancy success is to pretend like you're not pregnant. Yes, let go of those excuses you want to use so bad because honestly, it will make time go muuuuuch slower.


I am 32 weeks pregnant, and do not have any stretch marks. I'm not sure my belly button will ever look the same, but so far no stretch marks. I do have a purple mark on my belly button that is almost not noticeable, but has been there since week 16. It might turn to a stretch mark. I'm excited to see if my efforts will prove strong so I can share how to prevent stretch marks! You see, my  body is raided with stretch marks from my junior high growth spurt. My calves, thighs, butt, and hips are covered in them. Literally, they are the worst leg stretch marks I have seen. When I did yoga in college, some positions stretched them out more. I seriously have NO elasticity. So my goal this pregnancy was to watch my weight gain, drink water, eat HEALTHY, and go gung-ho on the oils on my belly. I developed a belly butter routine that I will share post pregnancy :) I have had little purple stretch marks appear ever since week 16, but I have gone crazy with my moisture routine and they go away. So I can tell you right now, GET THEM WHILE THEY'RE NEW. Go crazy on them while they're fresh.




So, I gained a lot of weight my second trimester. I was not careful with my eating, and I am paying the price. Weight gain is sooooo fast and losing it takes much longer. I started logging my eating according to the 21 day fix portion control, and I have been far from perfect on it. But ever since logging it, I lost 6 pounds in three weeks! I can promise you that this is not a bad thing. I had gained 25 lbs and wasn't even in my third trimester...TOO MUCH WEIGHT. I am now feeling a little more controlled, but I still have cute little pregnancy fat deposits dispersed over my body. The picture above is a slight example. you can tell in my arms and my legs that there is some extra lbs, which I feel pretty confident will go away with breastfeeding :)

Logging your food intake according to teh "portion control" through beachbody really helps you see what you eat too much of and what you need to eat less of. I NEVER thought I could log my food intake, and it is totally embarrassing some days, but totally worth it. You need to see what your habits are so you can make easy, permanent changes.




I will update with some lifechanging yoga routines and workouts for this crazy trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment