Thursday, February 4, 2016

Superfood Coffee

So I'm on day four of 21 day fix extreme and am NOT feeling thrilled right now... I bought a jar of almond butter thinking "Oh look at me being healthy and replacing peanut butter". First off, it is NOT a good replacement of peanut butter. I couldn't stand the taste of it with apples or banana. Secondly,  however, it is amazingly delicious alone and by the spoonful... needless to say, I should not have almond butter around my home, and I know that now. Definitely went over my portion control...



On a different note, have you ever heard of the ketogenic diet? If you've been watching "My Diet is Better Than Yours", you would notice that "The Wild Diet" followed a very high fat diet. He put a lot of ketogenic ideas into his diet. One of the biggest ones is the famous "butter coffee". Google "ketogenic diet" if you want more scientific and nutritional info on it :)

So, I have created my own fatty coffee, aka "Superfood Coffee", that tastes like a Tan Mocha! For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically a mocha with half the powder and sweetness. It's my favorite coffee splurge!

This Superfood Coffee cuts back only a little on calories, being that it has coconut oil in it (which has a TON of calories!). But it is sugarfree and dairy free (with the option to use a different form of natural sweetener).

Now, I have had this 3-4 times in the morning first thing when I don't feel hungry enough for Shakeology but still want energy to do a workout. And that's how it should be used. It should NOT be in addition to your diet or used throughout the day. Again, google the how-to's of ketogenics :)





Ingredients:
Coffee
1.5-2 tbsp Cacoa powder (CACAO is a superfood, NOT COCOA)
Stevia or other natural sweetener of choice
1 tbsp coconut oil





Step 1: Brew coffee. I like to brew mine strong.
Step 2: Add ingredients into blender.
Step 3: Pour 8-12 oz coffee into blender.
Step 4: Blend away!


The result is a frothy, dairy free latte texture! And it's delicious! I swear mine turned out just like a tan mocha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment