Friday, September 25, 2015

World's Healthiest Pumpkin Pie! (No, seriously...)


So, I wanted to play around with my Shakeology a little bit, and also give a healthy twist on a fall special: PUMPKIN PIE!!!

I recently made the sugar/fat-filled version of this for my eldest's birthday early this month, and I did it again but this time made it healthier than your HEALTHY morning cereal :)  He asked for some last night, and I served it with pumpkin granola sprinkled on top and a dallop of homemade greek yogurt. His words? "This is delicious! I can't even tell that it's healthy!"




Here is what you need:

1 can pumpkin
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2- 2tsp cinnamon
1 serving vanilla Shakeology
1/3 cup cashew milk (any milk would work, this is your healthiest option!)
1/4 tsp pink salt
1-2 tbsp coconut sugar (to your taste preferences, I used 1 tbsp)
1/2 cup egg whites










STEP ONE



Preheat oven to 425F.  Pour pumpkin into a saucepan, and on cook pumpkin with salt, cinnamon, ginger, and coconut sugar on low until it starts to bubble. Let cool down.





Step two:

Put pumpkin mixture in mixer, add shakeology, egg whites, and milk and mix until well blended.


Step three:

Pour finished pumpkin mixture into oiled pie pan or pie crust (I did mine crustless). Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then turn down the oven to 350 and let bake for another 45 minutes.


Step four:

Make sure knife comes out of the center clean, and then let cool. Serve with greek yogurt and granola on top!








No comments:

Post a Comment