Monday, August 31, 2015

Lemon Garlic Green Beans

When we were dating, my husband informed me that green beans were pretty much his favorite food. However, he liked them totally sautéed and fried in butter. Delicious? Absolutely. Was I going to make that often in my home? Probably not.

When at the store, I switch up my vegetables based on what is seasonal or on sale, just to make sure my family is getting rounded nutrition. Yesterday was green beans. I want really flavorful green beans that don't make me feel gross after eating them, so I came up with a flavor blend to perfectly suit our tastes here at home!






What you need:

Large skillet or pan
Fresh green beans
Lemon juice
Himalayan salt
Olive oil
Garlic (powder or fresh)



Regardless of whether or not the green beans are pre-washed, wash them anyways. Don't shake off the excess water and transfer them into a skillet drizzled in olive oil. Drizzle lemon juice over the top, cover, and let steam for a few minutes on high. 

Turn down to medium/high and add garlic and salt, drizzling a little more oil and lemon juice on top. Cover and let steam for a few more minutes. 

Turn back on high and drizzle yet some MORE lemon juice over the top, frying and flipping the beans over the high hight. Add garlic and salt and continue to "fry" them.



Once you start to see a few of the beans turn brown or crispy, they should be done! Eat one just to make sure :)

The goal is to get a crunchy bite, not soft and soggy.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment